Vale of Respite Vale of Respite

Wow, this is a traditional piece? Wonderful! You rendered it ver well, and I can't tell that you even shot a picture of it at all (looks digital!). I like the mood, simplicity, and atmosphere of the piece, plus the great sense of depth beyond the cliffs and waterfall that are in this piece. One piece of advice: since you have a fairly strong light source (the moon above), you could get away with adding a fairly strong rim light on some of the stones, especially those closer to the light source, if only to differentiate the stones from each other even more. For example, the stone closest to the waterfall on the left side may use a highlight to separate it from the mountain in the back. Otherwise, I see lots of potential in you, and I am scouting you for access to the portal on Newgrounds. We as an artistic community can certainly benefit from seeing your environmental works, especially as they progress. Thank you for sharing this piece with us, and welcome to Newgrounds!

Voidpriest responds:

Holy shit, thank you so much! I'll keep your advice in mind on my next piece. Feels good to be part of a website with such a strong sense of community, haha.

Close Close

I really like your style. The edges and color are so crisp and clean, and I love how the shading blends together in the face and skin but not as much in the hair. This helps to draw the eye towards her expression. The one thing that I am confused on is what is happening on her left (viewer's right) side? The brown streaks help frame the body, but I am not sure if they are their own object or what other purpose (if any) they serve. Overall, though, I really like the piece, and she has enough unique characteristics to show that she is an individual person you've drawn here. Well done, and thank you for sharing!

A sign of life A sign of life

This here is really, really cool. The atmosphere you convey is foreboding, and you're not sure as a viewer what is to come, but it also looks like fun. If this were in a graphic novel, I would want to know more, what happens next. I love your choice in coloring; the saturated green dominates but is complemented by the subdued reds and Browns of the trees, both of which bring to attention the fairy's body. It leads the eye well, and it tells a great story. THank you for sharing yet again!